Our High School program’s primary goal is INDEPENDENCE!!!
We recognize increasing independence means different things for different students: For some, independence means obtaining a job and living independently. For others, independence means being able to complete daily activities such as bathing and preparing food without relying on someone else for assistance.
We provide a variety of supports for our students to meet this goal:
- Job skill training, both on and off site
- A focus on “soft skills” needed to function in a working environment
- Interpersonal communication
- Dress and appearance
- Goal setting
- Problem solving
- Self Advocacy
Focus on Independent Living:
- Food/Meal Prep
- Functional leisure activities
- Scheduling and time-management
- Forming and maintaining social relationships
Our High School program has 10 classrooms with a capacity of 100 students, 3 therapy rooms for Speech and Occupational Therapy and a fully functional apartment, to be used for practicing the essential skills needed for independence: cooking and meal preparation, cleaning and organization, washing, folding, and sorting laundry.